How can I stay happy while Im alone?

Im 8 weeks pregnant and the father just left me. Im scared out of my mind! I hate heing alone. I have been depressed since I was 13 and I have been taking medicine for it and now that Im pregnant I cant. I need it more than ever now but I cant and I feel so upset all the time. I dont like to go to sleep by myself and wake up alone. I find myself crying all the time and I cant stop thinking of him. Its like he is stuck in my mind. I went to talk to his room mates today because we are still friends and I feel so bad but I went in his room and found condoms on his floor. Im deviststed. I really dont want to cutt off all ties because that would just kill me. I am so scared of being alone that I dont even want to be here anymore. I hate my life. I need to stay happy for my baby, but how?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 8:12 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm sorry about the situation you're in. Take comfort in the fact that you have a little life growing inside you and needs you. I think you need to cut off all contact with this guy. It's only hurting you when you go and see him. Stop hurting yourself by pretending that you are ok with your relationship with him. You aren't ok with it and so you can't base a friendship off of old feelings. If you really want to be friends and have a good relationship with him as the father, then you need to think about you and your baby, not him. Let him take care of the obligations he needs to, but you might be on your own, so try to focus on the future. I wish the best of luck to you.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 8:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Alysia, you need to watch the movie Where the Heart Is. I love it and I think you might appreciate it too. I know it's a movie, but it does give you hope. You can get through it Hon. Do you have a friend or relative to chat with??
    Anonymous

• I am sorry that you are so unhappy. Sometimes if I am lonely I keep the TV running. It is important that you make a life now for yourself and your child. Get job training if you need it and a job if you need it. A job or job training will help keep your mind occupied.  Volunteer work would also keep time occupied and make you feel very good about yourself.  Keep busy.  And keep busy in efforts that will improve your life and that of your child.  Study about how to raise children, make plans.

Answer by Bmat at 8:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2009