Has anyone ever been on Celexa while pregnant??? Please share your advice on it.

I am 6 weeks pregnant and for some reason in the last 24 hours my anxiety has completely sky rocketed out of control. I cannot even control myself and I even had to miss work today. I purposely weaned myself off my doxepin anti-depressant before even trying to start conceiving b/c I hate the idea of being on anything period and always refused to when pregnant, but my pregnancy or something has made my anxiety unbearable, so today my doctor gave me celexa and my obgyn and ultrasound doctor said that it is the only anxiety med that they would even suggest, but I did read some scary things about miscarriage while women were on it. Does nayone have any insight, Im supposed to start it tonight.Thanks

asholan_07

Asked by asholan_07 at 8:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Health

• I took Celexa, but I wasn't pregnant. I would NOT recommend this at all. I hated it. I felt like i was on speed. I couldn't sit still, I didn't eat and it didn't help with the depression at all. When I was pregnant my ob put me on Zoloft, but I never took it. He said that's safe for pregnant women...I wouldn't take it.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 8:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Both my sisters took it while pregnant, both kids are fine. One age 4 and one age 9. While it's not ideal to take drugs, you do what you have to for a while, doesn't mean you will have to do it every day till you give birth.
    Anonymous