Christian/Porn spin-off...

Ok, so if the definition of porn is

1 : the depiction of erotic behavior (as in pictures or writing) intended to cause sexual excitement
2 : material (as books or a photograph) that depicts erotic behavior and is intended to cause sexual excitement
3 : the depiction of acts in a sensational manner so as to arouse a quick intense emotional reaction

And (in general) most Christians say porn is wrong...

What if you made porn with your spouse? Would that still be a sin?

Genuine question, feel free to elaborate your answers...

ozarkgirl3

Asked by ozarkgirl3 at 8:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was always under the impression that "porn" is a sin, and that it is also sinful to involve yourself in it (read, watch, etc).
    There are some really great Christian writers that are almost therapeutic in their writing to married couples in how to keep your marriage bed healthy and active. That gives me the impression that what you do with your spouse.....provided nobody else is involved.....is all well and good.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Some people already answered this in my post and the answer is NO. The reason porn is a sin according to the bible is because the people in porn are not married and they are causing other people to sin by lusting after them. That's why it's a sin.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I don't think porn is a sin. Sex with your husband is definatley not a sin. What you do in your bedroom is between you and your husband, no matter how freaky. :)
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 8:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• What if you made porn with your spouse?

Been there!  Done that! 

Next question.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• But some porn stars ARE married to each other....so what if they made porn that only had married couples?

Just getting some thinking going...
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 8:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Actually, there are many 'how to' sex tapes out there made by MARRIED couples for MARRIED couples- is that porn or is that considered educational?

Also, if I get turned on watching two unmarried dogs go at it, is that a sin?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• "But some porn stars ARE married to each other....so what if they made porn that only had married couples? "

Did you not read my first reply? There is nothing to think about here. PORN is material that is used to sexually arouse. I've never seen married couples in mainstream porn. What you are talking about is a very very small %. Even if they are married, they are filming theirsexual acts to sexual arouse other people (lust).  The most powerful sex organ is the what is between your ears. It says in the bible that if a woman looks at another woman in a lustful way, he's already committing adultery (which is also a sin). Really, it's not a hard concept and I'm not even a christian.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:44 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• iheartu- Once again....read the bible if you want to know what it says. We are not animals, mammals yes, but not animals

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:47 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• legalmommy101:

That was an attmept at a JOKE, but I see you don't have the cpacity to have a sense of humor. Is that a sin too?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• legalmommy101

One more thing, I would read the Bible, but I'm allergic to boredom...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2009