When did it become Uncool to be a Christian?

When did this bandwagon of "Open-minded" people begin to emerge? Why is it assumed that in order to be open-minded you must forsake your beliefs? Why is it ok to talk about Karma, but not ok to talk about Divine Intervention? Just when exactly did being a Christian become Uncool?

TruthSeeker.

Asked by TruthSeeker. at 8:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's uncool to be close minded and hateful no matter what you believe. I see nothing wrong with intelegent conversation about any belief system so long as you aren't bashing someone elses... Even debates are a great thing, as long as you are respectful. I personally find nothing more "cool" than someone who is willing to discuss other beliefs respectfully and still has the ability to hold theirs tight... No matter what they believe...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Who says this? Never heard of it.
    Anonymous

• when it became obvious that Christians (as well as people of other diety beliefs) were mostly hypocrits and gossips.
    Anonymous

• Answered at 7:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 by: Anonymous
    Who says this? Never heard of it.

Just the general impression I get from the majority of mothers on CM.
    TruthSeeker.

Answer by TruthSeeker. at 8:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I am a Christian, but where I draw the line is when people start telling other people they are going to hell b/c of (the list goes on). I may not believe in abortion, but that doesn't give me the right to talk about people and say horrible things. I may not understand gay people, but I don't know them and so I can't judge them. Too many people get on their high horse and act like they are better or morally superior. We are all sinners and we are all God's children.
    Anonymous

• yes! to anon 8:20!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• PP. I think that the majority of Christians have gotten a bad rap by the "fanatical Christians" much like Extreme Muslims have given good Muslims a bad name.
    TruthSeeker.

Answer by TruthSeeker. at 8:21 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• About 2000 years ago.

Anonymous

• Wow anon 8:18! You are surely bitter about something. So, by your comment, I am to assume that anyone who bases his/her belief system on a set of teachings based in a presumed morality are "hypocrits and gossips". Does that mean that pagans, wiccans, antheist, agnostics, and the such are above reproach on this matter. They cannot be considered "hypocrits and gossips" because they have no basis for their morality because these belief systems are not based on a system of moral judgements? It's cool to be Christian no matter what the angry masses say.
    Anonymous

• when it became clear that the only thing christians are interested in is numbers. when the churches got full of people with nasty attitudes. christians do wrong like everyone but always say they have higher standards than the rest of us. things like that made me happy to not be like you
    Anonymous