Can anyone tell me if im gonna be going into labor soon i went to my doctor today and she said i was 1cm dialated..

35 weeks and 5 days

Alexia_joel09

Asked by Alexia_joel09 at 8:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Um no we can't
    Anonymous

• Lots of women are dilated in their last trimester. Some up to 4 cm! Dilation really doesn't mean anything as far as whether or not you'll go into labor sooner rather than later. There are women who go into labor on their own without even being dilated at all. I was 2 cm dilated for the last two months of my pregnancy. But hey- at least you know your cervix is working!
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 8:20 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• You have a way to go girly. 1 cm is like a fingertip. You dont really want to have the baby at 35 weeks do you? That is too early.
    Anonymous

• You never know. I was 2 cm dialated for the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy, it's just whenever that little baby decides..good luck
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• u can be at 1 for like 6 weeks.
    Anonymous

• im 2cm dilated and 80% effaced and im due next week =[

and no progress for me...so u can be stuck atthat foreverrrr
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 8:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• i have been 1 cm for 3 weeks now. so it doesnt really mean anything i am 1 cm and 80% effaced like i said i have been here for 3 weeks. it sucks but at least you know your body is at least starting to do its thing some women dont get this far on their own at all until induced by the doc
    sfewell09

Answer by sfewell09 at 9:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• no, no one can tell you not even a doctor. you can be dilated like that for a long time
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:43 AM on Apr. 15, 2009