TMI:Clitorial yeast infection?

(8 months preggo.)My vagina is really itchy and the labia is swollen. Theres no abnormal discharge or odor. It's just my clitoris that is itchy. Theres a little white on it. Is it possible to have a clitorial yeast infection?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have never heard of that but I just got the normal yeast infections all the time when I was pregnant. Its weired cause I never had them befor but I think your body doesnt fight off things as well since the baby is getting all the nutrition. Im not sure why exactly but call your doctor and have them prescribe you a cream or something. GL
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 8:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Clitty litter anyone?

But seriously... if you have a yeast infection, even if you're not sure what it is, see your doc. You may just not like the detergent in your drawers, pants rubbing too tightly, wearing synthetics that don't allow you to breathe properly, bubble baths, all kinds of things. And seriously ladies, let your yoni *breathe* free for awhile!

Try unflavoured yogurt as a wash, but don't douche with it this close to term unless your doc sez it's ok. Yes, it works. Rinse well in cool water.

Yeah I hear y'all laughing!
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 8:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Unflavored yogurt mixed with water as a wash totally works (also if you have a good old fashioned yeast infection inserting it works better than monistat fyi), also white vinegar and water as a rinse help a lot too.
    Breedermama

Answer by Breedermama at 8:47 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I take a shower 2 times a day and I make sure to wash my area with unscented body wash. I havent been sexually active since september, and have had all my tests done. I dont go to the doctor till friday. It's so freakin itchy. I started cleaning it every time I use the bathroom. Idk what it could be.
    Thanks for the suggestions!
    Anonymous

• Your body has its' own natural cleansing system and you've messed it up by over washing. Seriously, slap some yogurt on it, then see your doc.
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 8:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Yogurt or monistat and put that where it itches.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2009