Hello, I am five months pregnant and unemployed- Anyone know who and what industry will hire me since I am showing? I am sooo stressed out!! Where can I get a job while being 5 months pregnant?

anyone in the same boat? what do you do to get through the day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Fast food.
    Anonymous

• Being a photographer works while pregnant. Most places cant turn you away though, that would be illegal.
    Anonymous

• I'm in the same boat but 31 weeks pregnant. Everyones wanting to give me an interview but despite how qualified I am, no one ever gives me the call back. I honestly believe it's because I'm pregnant.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 8:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• fast food! no baby...talking bout a fast pace environment. Try a call center, preferably a temp agency. Sit down all day and run your mouth!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I was 8 months pregnant with no experience when I got my first job at a call center as an insurance rep. EASY MONEY!!
    diamondmamma

• Fast food is not hard and being pregnant doesn't mean you can't move fast. Been there done it! There are things that can be done while not face to face with customers. Like prepping.

Anonymous

• try getting a job as a cashier in a kids clothing store or a toy store, they won't immediately see "mommy" when they see you. it is illegal like the pp stated to not hire you for being preg, but they don't have to give you a reason for not hiring you either so its a catch 22. since you are 5 months you could try to find a seasonal position, maybe retail for the summer, or if you live near a beach or tourist spot somewhere that hires seasonal jobs. this way you can tell them, you realize its a seasonal position that way you will not be asking for maternity leave, unless they want to offer you a job when the season is over (stress that you would want to stay, but if not than they don't have to hire a replacement for you while you are on leave). maybe a church nursery or a day care they are usually also more used to maternity leave and what not
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• No she doesn't need all that stress that fast food brings. She needs a environment where she relax and just be at ease for her and the baby.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Dunkin Donuts!! its ooo freaking easy and sooo much fun! you even get free donuts and coffee while working!!
    i used to work at dunkin donuts! loveeeed it!
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 8:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• She doesn't need to be working at no Dunkin Donuts neither!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2009