migrians

im 22 weeks and i have killer migrains to the point where im crying in pain the light burns,every thing sounds like a constructoin zone and tylonol isnt working any suggestoins i cant just stay home in bed all day i have a 2 year old. please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had killer migraines also. I had to get put on meds for them but I only took them when I absoultly couldnt take it anymore. A cold compress always helped mine like I had to put a rag in the freezer for a while and I put it on my head for a couple hours.. It helped. I feel your pain. Hopefully they stop soon. MIne did in the last trimester.
    Anonymous

• Tell your doc asap, you could try acupuncture as well, I am so sorry.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:44 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• did you try acupressure?
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 8:50 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Have you tried cutting out red 40 from your diet? I was having headaches...MASSIVE headaches. I was spending 3-4 days a week in bed. Couldn't even drag myself out of the bed. I eventually found out it was Red dye #40 causing them. You really need to talk to your doctor but I strongly suggest cutting out red 40. It is a known headache trigger.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 8:57 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• if you had them before being pregnant they get worse when you are pregnant..and you get them alot more. I get them very bad at times (and i have a 22 month old) Its very hard at times to try to get rid of the migraine with a tot running around. Try to get a baby sitter for a few hours. Take some tylenol,lay down in a dark quite room. most of the time i have to take my forehead and push it into a pillow to make it stop hurting. if that doesnt help, talk to your doc about it to see if they can put you on some kind of meds for them
    Anonymous