*Smacks forehead* Why tell her this????????

My neice walked in on her mom changing her underwear after a menstrual accident. She asked "did you get a booboo mommy?" because she saw and knew what that it was blood. Her mom shooed her out of the bathroom and her dad told her mommy had koolaid in her underwear. WTH?? I was pissed and told them how I felt that would affect their daughter. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• None of your biz to say anything and I don't think it will effect her.
    Anonymous

• Dads say the dumbest things.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• lol sometimes people panic and want to keep kids innocence by kepping secrets from them. But I think you should tell your kids. Maybe not graphicly, but explain it to them. They will eventually find out anyways and I would rather my children learn correct information from me then someone else, or made up information.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 8:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• That wasn't a very intelligent answer, but it won't mess her up. She's their child and it's their responsibility.

*note to self, never drink kool-aide in the US!*
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 8:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Well, it was stupid, but I don't think it's harmful. I bet she will find that hilarious once she's older in fact.
    Breedermama

Answer by Breedermama at 8:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Come on dad, that's not very inventive! LOL but it's their kid and they are gonna tell her when they think she's ready.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 8:47 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• OMG, get over it. Its not a big deal sheesh.
    Anonymous

• It is not that big of a deal. You are overreacting quite a bit. They will handle it. You have no business stepping in like that and telling them it will 'affect' THEIR child ... and even still- it won't do anything to the child. How would you feel if you told your child something or other and someone else told you that you are 'affecting' your child? You would not like it.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• She is only a child! DUH!! You need to MYOB!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• When my daughter asked I told her the truth, for whatever age that it was, it was appropriate.
    tiffanyp1980

Answer by tiffanyp1980 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2009