TTC for 8 months

My fiance' and I have been trying to conceive for 8 months now. I went off the pill at the end of July. My periods are never on the same day so its hard to chart it my cycle and know when I'm ovulating. I know it can take longer because I was on the pill but its upsetting when you really want it to happen. I'm almost 20 and he's going to be 31. I have never been pregnant and he has 3 children.
Any input and advice would be greatly appreciated
ALSO, would it be smart to start on a prenatal vitamin? I read that it's better to start while you're TTC.
My cycle has never been regular. Before I started the pill it was a lot worse than it is now and a lot heavier so I think it's gotten about as regular as it's going to get.
It starts somewhere between the 22nd and the 30th of each month and lasts about 3 to 4 days, for about a day or two the flow is heavy and then the others its almost like its not even there.

katiedonovanm

Asked by katiedonovanm at 8:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes start the vitamins, it may help.

Anonymous

• Vitamins are good start. You are 20, you are young so there is no rush, those eggs are gonna be fresh lol. It can take up to a year for women to get pregnant and that's totally normal. It's actually a miracle that women get pregnant, our bodies naturally fight off sperm b/c it thinks it's a virus and tries to kill it. That's why there's so many of those little guys. Maybe it's not you and it's him. Have him checked out too if you're worried.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 8:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• It would be smart to start prenatal vitamins as well as folic acid pills. If your cycles are irregular and regulated better on birth control, I would suggest you make an appointment with an Endocrinologist to test your for PCOS. That is one of the clear signs of it, as well as infertility. If you do, there are things they can do to help you out (not even fertility things! But they help you regain your fertility.)
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 9:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Yes, start taking the prenatals. Plus, Don't chart, don't think so much about when am I ovulating. I know it seems crazy, I was charting and obsessing, wondering why I was pregnant. And then i relaxed didn't think about it, and boom I got pregnant.!
    Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:54 PM on Apr. 16, 2009