My 3 month old wont eat,

She'll eat one boob, and when I switch her to the other she refuses to eat. No matter how long or short shes on the first side, she just wont eat. I can fight with her til I turn blue. She refuses to eat from a bottle too. I even tried cereal! Nothing works. Any suggestions.

luvMIIsk8rBoi

Asked by luvMIIsk8rBoi at 8:42 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe try a more breast feeding like bottle and add a tad bit of banana baby food to
    give it a sweet sweet taste.
    bmattacch

Answer by bmattacch at 8:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• As long as she is still gaining weight I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just make sure you are alternating sides when she does eat.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:44 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I was going to say exactly what lilbit did. I agree completely.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• the scale says she may have lost about 2 lbs. now what, should I be worried?
    luvMIIsk8rBoi

Answer by luvMIIsk8rBoi at 8:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• If she's lost 2 lbs, I'd talk to her doctor. But breast milk or formula is all she needs at this age, not bananas, cereal, etc. Just keep feeding her that until you talk to your doctor. It's not unheard of for a baby to only take one breast at a time. Is it a new development?
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• How long has she been doing this? Do you have any idea how much she may be getting when she does feed? If you think she has lost weight, call her doctor and talk to them. They may want to set up an appointment just to check her out. Better to be safe! And I know it is hard but try not to worry! She could just be hitting a growth spurt and it would be completely normal.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Are you sure it is 2 Lbs or 2 oz? 2 lbs is too much call pediatrician immediately if that is the case. Children at that age don't weight too much and 2 lbs is a considerable amount of weight to be lost, call asap, like right now if in fact she has lost 2 lbs. If not, call for an appointment with a lactation consultant, they can even come to your house and help you to improve bf. BF isn't easy for some of us, so make sure there is no latching problems or palate problems, good luck to you and in any doubt call pedi immediately.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 8:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My biggest problem is I think her Dr is a quack.
    luvMIIsk8rBoi

Answer by luvMIIsk8rBoi at 8:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Ok, well how many wet diapers and BM's is she having a day? Have you noticed there have been fewer?
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I went through the same thing with my son. I would give him a pacifier so he would start sucking and then I would pull the pacifier out and replace it with the bottle or nipple. (He got a cereal bottle at night before bed but i breastfed). If I did it quickly enough he was calm and would eat. Sometimes he would be really fussy and the doctor said it was because his appetite was bigger than him and his stomach ached (at 3 months) so I would put a warm towel on his belly and then feed him and that did the trick...good luck :) I'm a first time mom so I'm not really sure if my answer is right or not
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 9:00 PM on Apr. 14, 2009