ankle weights

I have 3lb ankle weights that i bought a few years ago. I just got a job cleaning houses and i was wondering do you think that if i wore them while i was at work it would tone my butt and legs??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• It's wortha try :)
    You don't want to wear them all day though you might feel like your legs will be too heavy after a while they might be a bother after while and then you will give up.
    So just use them when you exercise. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• The problem with using ankle weights for exercise such as jogging and walking is that they can throw off your gait and cause problems to your knees and hips. Adding weight to the upper body doesn't do this like ankle weights do. Also, they cause you to "step down" with more force wish can lead to problems. But you can always give them a try and see if you suffer from them:-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I used to wear them just to do things around the house and I saw a difference in my legs after a few weeks!
    Anonymous