how do you do it?

For mommas in school how do you do it and work??? I cant take classes online (not for what i want to be which is an occupational therapy assistant) Df and i only have 1 car and he works at night 4-5 pm till 12-1 am

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have a lot of supportive friends that help me with my son. I am a single parent and do it all myself. I work, go to school, go to my sons school and sporting events. I work my school schedule around my son's schedule. I make it work because it will get me a decent paying job so I can support my son and myself without help and with struggling. You just have to make it work.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I worked, attended online college full-time, kept up with the house, took care of the kids, ran them to various doctor and specialist appointments, maintained the budget and bills, and I was EXHAUSTED!!!!!
    When I lost my job in December, it was the best thing, even though we are financially stressed. I was able to put more time and concentration into my college courses and complete my degree with a 3.87 GPA. I would not have been able to do my required internship if I was still working, so that was also a blessing in disguise.
    Working parents who attend college just make it work. They have to desire it and make time for it. I waited until my children were teens and able to help care for the house and themselves, so I know it is doubly difficult for parents with smaller children.
    It CAN be done - perseverence, motivation, and careful scheduling is key.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:18 AM on Apr. 15, 2009