What do I do?

Okay, I'm a single mom who just got engaged to a lovely man. My daughters aren't his. He wants more kids but I don't. I mean, I love him so much and don't want to break his heart. He loves my girls dearly and helps me out with them, even though we aren't married yet. What should I do? We talked about it but I still have mixed feelings.

QueenBee319

Asked by QueenBee319 at 9:02 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• You need to talk about it and come to a solid decision. Even though he loves you and loves your kids, its not fair to expect him to never want a child of his own. This is something that needs to be 100% clear prior to you actually getting married.

And I would consider maybe just having one more, so he can have his day in the sun.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 9:04 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Why dont you want anymore - just wondering?
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 9:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Why dont you want anymore? - just wondering.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 9:06 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• SORRY - I HIT BUTTON TWICE :)
    bristle3kids

• IMO if you don't want anymore then you should let him be with someone that does.....
    Anonymous

• children (having them or not) is a major deal breaker for some ppl. I don't think you should marry a man who wants them and you don't. That's just unfair to him.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:59 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I think you should be honest with him about how you feel. But don't say you would never change your mind, because you just might decide you would want to have more children.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:03 PM on Apr. 14, 2009