Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do I do about my daughter if I have to be hospitalized?

I may need to be hospitalized for psychiatric reasons. My family is 2000 miles away. There's my baby's father, but he works and can't take any time off (he just got hired at a new job). He lives with his mother, but I absolutely refuse to leave my daughter with her alone. She abused my baby's father when he was a kid. She told him that he should be spanking our 9 month old with a FLY SWATTER!

We don't get along because she tried to break us up. She told him a bunch of lies about me. She is an insecure witch because her son has someone else besides her to love.

So what do I do about my daughter?


Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • You sound like my best friend...she has dramatic ups and downs and she has been hospitalized a few times. The longest was only for a week, and I kept the kids for her.....
    Do you have a friend you can trust to help you? What about a church? Lots of women would be more than happy to give you help in order for you to get healthy.

    PLEASE get some help soon!! If you feel yourself sinking, then you know it won't bee long before you are in danger of hurting yourself or others around you! Message me if you need to talk. Maybe I can help you find what you need.

    Answer by christyg at 11:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

  • You sound pretty put together - so why the sike hospt.?

    Answer by bristle3kids at 9:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

  • Do you have any friends that live near you that you would trust with her?

    Answer by lilbit837 at 9:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

  • got any close friends. My best friend's mom watches my daughter when my folks can't.

    Answer by vickwu at 9:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

  • have someone from your family come stay at your house to take care of her. or take her there, 200 miles is only about 4 hours with the speed limit being 50 on interstates and its usually 60-70, so maybe less. write up a power of attorney (her father may have to sign it as well) stating that a specific person has temp custody of her until you are out of the hospital and can make her medical decisions. its is 4 hours so it is aways away, however its your daughter and her well being. unless you have a friend you trust enough to take care of her for you while you are in the hospital that seems like the only option to me

    Answer by vabchmommy at 9:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

  • I have a long history of depression, and I'm starting to "sink" once again...

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

  • Oh no - I am so sorry. I hope you can get a good safe place for your little one. Good Luck - I see the other posts and i would say same thing they are.

    Answer by bristle3kids at 9:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

  • You said your family was 2000 miles away - If you are going to be in the hospital like more than 2 weeks, I would figure out how to get her there. If money is an issue as far as flying her there, many airlines will work something out with you. Especially because there is a child involved.

    Answer by bristle3kids at 9:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

  • Cant you just do therapy and medication? Im sorry you are going through a hard time with depression, Ive been mildly depressed before and it was horrible, I cant imagine if it had been any worse :(
    Also, have you done any natural things to help with your depression? It really REALLY helps to exersize, even if you just take a short walk once a day, and sunlight helps alot too because of the vitamin D it helps our body produce so be sure your getting exposed to a little sunlight each day whenever your able. and be sure your eating healthy! Foods...the RIGHT foods! Have such a healing power to them, the correct vitamins and minerals can really do your body and MIND a lot of good!
    Good luck to you! It sounds like hospitilization isnt really an option since you have a child that doesnt have anyone else to care for her.

    Answer by jlizgar at 10:11 AM on Apr. 15, 2009