Question?

Okay so my little cousin has a problem with getting into fights, I mean this girl is like bad as you know what, its always something and now she has assaulted someone some kind of terrible anyways, I was telling her that maybe she needs to take some sessions, so she could stop fighting all the time. So do you think juveniles should have a chance to be rehabilitated after committing a crime? I mean do you think that its a waste of time to rehabilitate someone at all? Do you think it actually works?

CarsBars08

Asked by CarsBars08 at 9:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I got arrested when I was 14 for something that was totally bogus, but that's beside the point. I made it a point to never go back to that place again. So my answer is yes, I think someone can be "rehabilitated."
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 9:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I didn't do anything extreme, but I'm embarassed to say I was always beating up kids in my neighborhood when I was young. Nothing major, but not appopriate, and certainly not for a girl!! To this day, I cannot figure out why! Probably it was a bit of misdirected type A personality.

But when I sent to jr. high, I meet alot of different people, from different walks of life and I wanted to friends with them - I got focused on doing well in school and making new friends, and I just moved on from my childhood nastiness.

Based on that, and also based some bad behaviour my kids have 'cleaned ' up, yes, I think the younger one is the more chances they have of being rehabilitated - but it's always the same - they have to have some values and motivation deep down for it to work.
    PhillyinFrance

Answer by PhillyinFrance at 2:22 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Sure...shes just a kid. Sounds like she needs not only anger management but also some counseling to deal with whats making her so angry all the time.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:17 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• ya there is something underlying here.i would find out what it is.if she is little she can be rehabilitated cause i think her personality or character hasnt really been formed yet.i would take her to a therapist or even talk to your school they have to do something.she or he sounds little they might not even know why they are doing what they are doing???get her to talk..you are her cousin and not her mother so she may tell you things that she may not tell her parents.my 9 yr old has a 24 yr old sister and i tell you she tells her everything.if its really bad my older daughter will tell me or if its not she will say oh we just talked.but use that.talk to her...tell her your not going to do anything dont judge her just find out wtf is going on???
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 11:27 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Yes, kids and adults can be rehabilatated. There would be less crime if kids that did crimes were punished harder. Punish hard the first time and there will be less likelihood of another time.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2009