Do you think once you are saved you are always saved?

I just wanted to get some other opinions on this topic because I had never heard of once saved always saved before and I was just wondering about it thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Personally I think the idea is ridiculous. How can God save you if you are living in sin and not following his commandments?
    Anonymous

• He can b/c he sent his SON Jesus. Its like if you owe the bank money and nothing you can do will pay the bank, so a man comes in from the street and pays your debt for you.

That is what Jesus did.

And my GOD is big enough and strong enough to save me even when I fall.

He knew all my sin past present and FUTURE when he saved me, they were ALL forgiven.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• but what if you decide you don't want to be saved anymore doesn't that go against your free will if he saves you anyways?
    Anonymous

• I believe that if you consciously and willfully deny Him and his sacrifice, then yes you are no longer saved. You have to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior in order to be redeemed by him.

But I also believe that as God's children, we sometimes fall. We can later be saved again when we realize the full extent of the meaning behind the baptism and the sacrifices Jesus made for us.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• A person who is truely saved would NEVER NEVER EVER decide they dont want to be saved anymore.

Its just not possible.

And remember that MANY people who claim Christianity are not truely saved. That is why people see it as such hypocrisy. That and the fact that true Christians still mess up, we are still human. They see us as hypocrites b/c we always fall short of what we teach, cant help it, thats why Gods grace is soooo great.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:37 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I dont believe you can be saved "again" I believe you were never saved in the first place.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• When Jesus came to die for the sin of man then all future men became saved from sin, the issue is accepting it. When you give your life and your heart to the Lord and become "saved" or "born again" than from that point on your past sin is forgivin and you become a new person in Christ. If you go back to doing the exact same thing you were doing and not continue on the path to the Lord than it may be best to rededicate your life once you are ready to make the changes. God understands that change will not happen instantly and it is not nessesary to get saved everytime you back slide, but if you have got yourself back deeply into sin than yes you need to rededicate (or get saved again).
    4Nalon

Answer by 4Nalon at 9:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I dont believe once saved always saved. I believe you can sin and ask for forgiveness and he will forgive but what if you get saved and never pray again and somehow get killed without asking for forgiveness ....say you are on drugs or drunk when you die I dont think God will let a drunk person walk through the golden gate. If It was that easy then the devil wouldnt be fighting so hard to tempt all of Gods people.
    Anonymous

• To me rededication is just a realization that you are walking away from Gods path for you, not being saved again.

When you get saved for real, then its a one time thing.

If you need to be saved again, then you werent saved the first time, you just thought it was the "right" thing to do, but never surrendered.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Anon: God saw all sins BEFORE he saved you. He is an all knowing God, he sees your whole life ahead of you. When he forgives you he forgives everything, past, present and future. Its as if your sin never existed to him, instead he sees Jesus blood covering you.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2009