Acne , nothing seems to work! What works for you

We have tried everything, Proactive, antibiotics, and nothing seems to work. Anyone have the same problem with their teen. Help I am worried about scaring.

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 9:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I found that orange juice was causing my acne, and my son discovered the same thing. But food sensitivity is not usually mentioned as causing teen acne. I strongly urge you, if you haven't already, to take your teen to a dermitologist. The child will get the very best advice and treatment there.

Answer by Bmat at 9:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• As a teen I had bad acne my mom would take Aloe vera plant mash it down then rub it on my face at night it worked well and I had no scars or dark spots ...
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 9:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Ask your doctor about Differin Gel. And only wash and moisturize with Cetaphil skin products. Good luck.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Neutrogena has a thing called skinid. It works really well! I've tried proactiv in the past as well but this is much better. You order it online, here's the site to check it out http://www.skinid.com/econsumer/clearskin/index.view . It's personalized, you do the evaluation to determine what is best for your skin. It's great!
    Rosalie29

Answer by Rosalie29 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• one item I use is st. ives aprocit scrub. I've used it for years!! it's gentle and the exfoliation works really well when used every day. plus that brand doesnt test on animals
    Anonymous

• uuugh terrible spelling. I meant st. ives apricot scrub =)
    Anonymous

• did you try Retin-A? It really worked for me as a teenager.
    Anonymous

• My son breaks out with sunflower seeds and I break out with chocolate. We do witch hazel it comes in a white bottle like alchol , St Ives apricot scrub and noxema cleansing cream. Good luck.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 10:23 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Differin or Finacea (both prescriptions) might help. Also, I have always used Tea Tree oil on zits. Works wonders. But overall, teens go through this but should really drink tons of water.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Witch Hazel everynight and every morning worked for me and my DD.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 8:48 AM on Apr. 15, 2009