braxton hicks or what?

ok..so to make it so yall understand.. There has been alot of deaths in my family in 4 months. The latest was today. My uncle got burnt in a cooking incident in early march & has been at a burn center in GA since on a ventilator.They took him off today.So I have really been stressing.

Anyways..I already have a 22 month old, but didnt get braxton hicks til i was about 34 weeks with her.I am currently 25 weeks 5 days. And have been having what I think is braxton hicks.(but i didnt know you can have them this early or not) I have had them on and off all day. The latest batch of them have been like irregular contractions but doesnt stop with anything I do.I called the on call doc..2 hrs ago..and they havent returned my call.So i hoping someone on here can give me some advice.

Im not having any fluid loss or anything.I dont know if it is from being so stressed out or what either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes you can get BH's that early. Also they can be painful in some women. My doctor said to come in if I get more then 5 in an hour. Ok well that is a joke to me, because last pregnancy I had them sometimes up to 12 hours 3-5 minutes apart and when I would go in I was never in labor. My cervix never opened. I definitely have days where I get more then 5 in an hour this pregnancy too.

Biggest thing that helps is drinking water and putting my feet up. By drinking water, I mean tons. Usually I think women have issues with being dehydrated.

I don't plan on going in unless I lost my mucus plug, fluid etc.....

It's up to you and other women to make the choice of going in or not. Right now it sounds like just regular BH's. I would just try to rest for the evening, put on a movie, drink tons of water and try to get less stressed. I know that is hard with all the deaths ( sorry to hear about those).
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 9:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• could just be stress... take it easy for a while and call your doc if anything changes...good luck!
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 9:55 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I wanted to also say if they appear to be getting stronger and more like contractions or you have any other symptoms to just go in though since your doctor is taking forever to get back to you.

Good luck with everything.

Like I said though 25 weeks is normal to get BH's. I am on the July 2009 board and that is the most popular topic right now LOL.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 9:57 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• They very well could be BH that early especially with all the stress. I would definitely be laying down and taking it easy as much as possible (not so easy with a toddler I know!) If they don't go away or let up when you lie down or they start getting stronger/closer together then get your butt to the hospital and ignore the docs office.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 AM on Apr. 15, 2009