HELP! Bills have taken over my life!

CAR PAYMENT: $425
CAR INSURANCE: $180
HOUSE RENT: $375
ELECTRIC: AROUND $80 (IF WERE HOME)
PROPANE: GET IT WHEN WE NEED IT $200 FOR 100 GALLONS
HOTEL: $344 A WEEK (WEEKLY RATE)

WE ARE CURRENTLY ON THE ROAD. (PIPELINE)

WERE BEHIND ON EVERYTHING MINUS THE PROPANE PART, HOTEL AND ELECTRIC.

THIS DOESN'T INCLUDE GROCERIES, GAS, DIAPERS, MISC.

I'M TRYING TO GET MY BOYFRIEND TO JUST GO BACK HOME.
IN ONE WEEK HE MAKES 1300 BUT ITS STILL NOT ENOUGH TO CATCH UP ON EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW. I'M EXTREMELY STRESSED AND JUST WANT TO GO HOME. WHAT CAN I SAY TO HIM TO MAKE HIM POSSIBLY CHANGE HIS MIND? HE ENJOYS GOING TO DIFFERENT STATES AND MEETING NEW PEOPLE AT WORK. I'M MISERABLE. I STAY IN THE HOTEL WITH OUR TWO YEAR OLD SON ALL DAY LONG! I DON'T WANT TO GET INTO AN ARGUMENT ABOUT IT BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO! HOW WOULD YOU GO ABOUT THIS? I'M AFRAID EVERYTHING IS GOING TO GET SHUT OFF/TAKEN.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• You need to have a heart to heart with your boyfriend and put your childs best interest first you need to be home let him travel if thats so much more imporant to him you are not happy and you need to get things back on the straight road. I never really understood how or why people choose to travel for a living and try and keep there home. Your boyfriend needs to put what most important to him first and that should be your child without a doubt. GL Sorry if i came off mean i wasn't trying to be..
    Anonymous

• I agree you need to have a heart to heart with your bf. Whatever the best solution is best for your child is the road you should take. Breath...sit down and relax for a minute. Think of a place you'd love to be at like a beach in florida. Just relax. The more you worry and the more you are stressed that isn't helping you. I understand why but it is just going to make things worse. Try to think positively. I wish you good luck and I hope nothing but the best for you. Take care!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 1:17 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• 2 most powerful words in a woman's vocabulary: I CAN'T (technically 3, lol).
    Draw your line in the sand. Don't argue, just tell him you can't. If you and the child are his priority, make it legal. Sell that expensive car and get a decently reliable cheap used one. That'll help with insurance too.

2 books: The Surrendered Wife by Laura Doyle (try 2nd hand stores; otherwise you can get it cheap used on amazon); and It Only Hurts Between Paydays (don't remember the author, but it's a small book).

Want to know how a man thinks and how to deal with it, try Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus (easily found used too).
    PurpleAndTeal

Answer by PurpleAndTeal at 3:53 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• You need to go home. It is way more expensive to have a family on the road. And the bills you listed should be more than covered on 1300 a week I think you need to reevaluate your spending. As far as drawing a line in the sand and trying to make your boyfriend come home you should remember that he is very lucky to have a job at all in this economy. I know being apart kinda sucks but its what you have to do. Have a good day and good luck.
    AlexEss

Answer by AlexEss at 10:27 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Go home, for your sanity and your sons stability. Let him travel for work. Maybe you will have to get assistance or a part time job but how can you be expected to raise a child in a Motel...what about when he is school age. Go home! Stay with family if you have too.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:27 AM on Apr. 15, 2009