I feel awfull-Preggo Drinkers

-I work in a small bar in my city and last night this grroup of kids came into the bar and I served them. One of the girls that was in this group was preggo ordered a tall bud light and a shot of jack I knew that it was for her bacause i all the kids were over 21 and they all ordered drinks. She looked about 8 mts preggo! I didnt want to serve it to her so i got my manager and told him what was going on and he looks at me and goes "Erica mind your own uterus. Now get back over there and serve her, she is a paying customer." I lost it and continued to tell him how much I was agnest it and he said "IF YOU VALUE YOUR JOB THEN YOU WILL DO WHAT YOUR SUPPOSED TO DO!!!" I felt so bad for this tiny life insise of her that she was poisoning. Doesnt she relise that she is killing her child or that it may come out retarded? I dont care how bad I wanted to fit in I would never ever drink alchol while I was preggo.

MandMSMOMMY0607

Asked by MandMSMOMMY0607 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Is there a sign in the bar that reads; "WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE"? Any establishment has the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• no I wish we did.
    Anonymous

• maybe she was jsut one of those people that look preg and when u ask when they're due...theyre not and then you feel like a huge b!tch for asking! hopefully anyway! I didnt even drink at my best friends wedding the night before I knoew i was supposed to take a preg test cuz we were trying and i knew i could POSSIBLY be preg.
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 12:36 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• non ya bizzness
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I've have been too many bars and seen them refuse service to a pregnant woman. Sorry your boss is wrong.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I am a bartender and I ALWAYS refuse to serve pregnant woman. It DISGUSTS me that they would even ask. Your boss is a moron.
    pattigioeli

Answer by pattigioeli at 12:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Local bars here have that sign stating that they have the right to refuse service, to anyone at any time or something like that! Hell it's been so long since I looked at it. I agree with you, I would not serve her alochol in the least.
    Some people I tell ya, lol.... Sorry Momma you were put in that situation.
    Anonymous

• your boss is absolutely wrong and you could sue him if they fired you. you have the right, and every bar has the right to refuse service like that. I feel really bad for that little baby too.
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 7:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Maybe she just had a baby and still looked pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I would have called the local child protection services.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:05 PM on Apr. 17, 2009