Am I wrong for feeling like not being a mother and wife?

I do everything. I'm the cook, the doctor, the banker, the cook, the teacher, the lover and anything else you could think of. My husband is just like the kids, he depend on me to do everything. We went out Friday night with some friends. And the wife served her husband and he expected me to do the same for him. So, I did. Now he wants me to do it all the time while he rest and look at t.v. What should I do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• tell him to get is lazy ass up and do it him self! and get you dinner for once!
    Anonymous

• Bend over and tell him to pucker up because you are his wife not slave. All joking aside, look into therapy for you both. It sounds like you are very unhappy. Go talk to a trained therapist who can help you two sort out some issues and work towards a resolution.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• lol sounds like my husband I work nights sometimes until 2 am and i cook and clean and bath the kids daily and myself... Im starting school to soon so mayb one day when I dont want to clean up after him like he is my child then i can do it on my own.
    Anonymous

• I feel the same way and all I do is tell myself to hold your head up. Would love to talk to someone but he act like he is to good
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 9:55 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I believe in serving and taking care of my family. However, I think you have to have enough self-respect to set some limits for yourself. You don't have to be mean or nasty about it. When you are too tired, just say you are too tired. Tell him you really like doing things for him, but this time he will need to do it for himself. Complaining about how tired you are is probably not getting through to him, so just say you're sorry, but you can't do it this time.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:00 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• laughingNOW you've done it. You have spoiled him rotten! Stop it now or prepare to do it forever.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:01 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Tell him your not the maid! I feel like you do, however, my hubby doesnt make me get him is dinner or really 'make' me do anything. but all day i clean up after our daughter and then all night i clean up after him too. I have told him this before (try it, it worked for me) " I am not having sex with you anymore!" and when he asked why this is what i said "because mothers dont sleep with their sons!" that straighted him up! and if he ever falls into a slum i start calling him son and he picks back up! because look at it...you are his mother! you cook for him, you clean for him, why the hell not just put the fork in his mouth for him, right?! I feel for you! I stay home, so i dont mind taking care of the MAJOR house work, but seriously...put the shit back where you got it! UGH that drives me nuts! try what i did...hope it works!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 10:59 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Tell him you'll never make that mistake again and he can serve himself.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Read The Surrendered Wife by Laura Doyle; it explains just what to do. You can get it on amazon used for cheap
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• It sounds to me like he wants that ideal old fashioned relationship with his wife. If you're a sahm I don't see what's wrong with it. He takes care of you so you should take care of him.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 15, 2009