What do you think of drinking a glass of wine every once in a while???

My friend told me that our doctor told her that it is ok to drink a glass of wine every day, and I told her that I don't think that that is ok. Maybe if you do it every once in awhile that would be ok. She is 8 1/2 months pregnant. What do you think????

barbiejo2009

Asked by barbiejo2009 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think its great im doing it now but im not pregant and i dont do it everyday wine is really good for many things including your heart but id worry about the alchol content hurting the baby more than the benefits
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 9:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• once a month is what my doc told me either a glass of wine or 1 beer.
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 9:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I think the truth is they aren't sure what amount is too much, and I don't see the point in needing wine in the first place. Its too much of a risk. I don't see how even a small amount of alcohol passing through the placenta is acceptable.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• A glass of wine, and when I mean glass I mean around 5-6 oz, every once in awhile wont hurt a thing. If it did, most babies in Europe would have FAS and they don't have a higher rate then we do here.

I couldn't drink a glass everyday, that doesn't sit right. I have had 10-11 oz my entire pregnancy. I am 35 weeks pregnant and have a couple sips every once in a while. It calms my uterus when I am having massive contractions (braxton hicks), it helps with my RLS and lets me sleep...

celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I would say some doctors will say yep that is perfectly alright to have a small amount of wine. But my Ob says no way. We do not promote that kind of stuff.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 10:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• most docs say it is ok to have a little. i haven't had any wine this time, i had a few sips of champagne when my sister graduated from college. and i had a sip of a strawberry daq on thanksgiving, but it was just a sip. with my first i think i may have had like 3 or 4 glasses of wine the whole time.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I'm surprised but one of the docs in my ob's clinic drank a small glass every day. Mind you, you don't really even want one until later in a pregnancy if you get nausea. Nowadays, they say don't have any. I think because they don't know how much is damaging and also by saying "have none" they protect themselves from stupid people who drink all through it and sue.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:02 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• wow when i asked this question every woman on here was being a bitch towards me...
    I know your not supposed to drink wine until after 12 weeks or 3 months (same thing) Im 39 weeks and i dont really even drink it because im just so scared of taking a risk for making the baby drunk...

Hell, i made it 9 months with out a drink, i think i can handle one more week lol...and i used to be pretty much an alcoholic! lol
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:21 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Its red wine that is good for you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Apr. 15, 2009