Weird question about a sign of labor?

This may seem like a stupid question but I have all the signs of labor except my water hasnt broken and I dont have consistent contractions. The last 2 nights my room has smelled of really foul smelling gas and I know that I have had issues with gas this pregnancy. Could excessively bad smelling gas be another sign that labor is near?

MT_MOM

Asked by MT_MOM at 10:02 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've never had experience with excess gas before labor--probably because two out of the three labors I've gone through were induced--but I do know that the mother's body will clear itself out in preparation for labor and birth. Who knows? Maybe soon! Good luck to you!
    TexaBamaBaby

Answer by TexaBamaBaby at 10:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• i had diarrhea at the begining of my labor when contractions just started so i guess gas isnt a far jump from there
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 10:11 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• my cousin had extremely bad gas before her babies was born... and this was all 4 pregnancies. so it could be one.or maybe since the baby is dropping down futhur, all that was backed up in your intestines is releasing.
    Anonymous

• I had bad gas, followed by frequent bowel movements, and then diarrehia. It is probably just your body preparing to clean itself out.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 11:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• i had bad gas all throughout my pregnancies..but i did get really bad diarrehia a couple of days before i went into labor.. and your water doesnt always break when you go into labor. alot of the times the dr wil have to break it for you.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:47 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• When I was in labor my contractions never got consistant and my water never broke, so I ended up having my daughter on the bathroom floor. My labor was HIGHLY unusual though. Call your doctor.
    doubleyouteeeff

Answer by doubleyouteeeff at 12:03 AM on Apr. 15, 2009