Are thier any other smoking moms on here?

I smoke I hate myself everyday for it but I can't seem to stop. Other moms look down thier noses at me like I'm doing it just to look cool and it's appauling. One of my friends told me just don't do it if it bother's you so bad. Please tell me I'm not crazy and it's really as easy as a non-smoker thinks it is. If I just woke up one day and didn't do it some one moght seriously get hurt.

P.S. I have quit before and will quit again and I DO know it bad for me and my kids so please no bashing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Health

• i smoke it's not that easy to just quit you cant just wake up one day and forget it unless you have the world best self control talk to your doctor there are some awsome scripts you can get now to quit
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 10:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I smoke... and until I get over the pain of some extensive dental work... I have no plans to stop. I know it's bad but hell, so is breathing. I just don't make my kids smoke with me.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 10:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• People can wake up and never smoke again i myself am not one of them i would love to quit but thats easier said then done. RIGHT. I try not to smoke infront of non-smokers and if someone gives you a dirty look let it go they don't understand. Good Luck on quiting and if you wake up tomorrow morning and don't smoke then GOOD for YOU. Don't let others get to you life is to short..
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I smoke and dont plan on quitting. I could care less what others think of me
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• No bashing here yah smoker lol. - I smoke a pack a day. I feel the same way you do but right now its my only release. I am way swamped with kids and I just do it. I am not going to go into to far but I will say I am to embarr. to do in public. I only smoke outside away from kids. Gotta stop soon.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 10:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Me. I'm a closet smoker. I don't smoke a lot. I don't smoke in front of anybody except my husband. My kids have never seen me or even know I smoke. I am also going to quit. I quit with every pregnancy. But, my dear husband didn't therefore, I started back again. Try Chantix, I heard it works. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• op here: ugh anon i did chantix made me sick
    Anonymous

• No your not alone i've smoked for years its hard to stop good luck to you
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I'm a smoker and honestly, the only reason I plan on quitting is because of the prices of cigarettes lately. But, other than that, I chose to smoke. I don't smoke around my kids and I've gotten into the habit of washing my hands before touching my DD. I also wear a pair of sweats and a sweat shirt over my other clothes when I smoke because I don't want my DD getting the smell on her. LOL

Call me a crazy smoker but I do what I can to keep them safe. (And, yes, I know its a little extreme but I've lost a child before but for different reasons. I'm just over-protective)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Be strong and go cold turkey honey. You're harming you kids as well as yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:23 AM on Apr. 15, 2009