Would you trust someone on Craigslist if they offered tattoo services in exchange for electronics?

I found a woman on Craigslist who has a tattoo parlor and is offering her services in exchange for electronics/video games/dvds for her kids. Do you think that is legit/safe/etc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am all about bartering for services and goods... and if the economy slips down any further we'll be seeing more and more of that. I would definitely be wary, but I would with any tattoo artist, no matter what. There are things to look for, and those would apply no matter what the payment was or the place of business. Does she have and use the autoclave? Use appropriate body-fluid precautions, like gloves? Is the place clean? And definitely ask for references so that you can talk to others who had work done by her. If all those things come up fine, then I would have no issues at all with what she wants in exchange.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 10:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• illegal, why can't she just take the money she earns and spend it on electrioncs. some people
    three-for-now

Answer by three-for-now at 10:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Oh please don't!!! if needle not sterile god knows what you might catch!
    Anonymous

• plus its something that you'll have for ever so make sure its a pro
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 10:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• it depends, I would have to check out their studio and references as well as previous works.
    Anonymous

• um no lol sounds fishy to me
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 10:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Hell no!!! 1 i don't like craigs list. Some people there are really rude. Plus you should NEVER get a tattoo from some one you know little lone of someone not at a shot. You can get bad ifections or a disease.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 10:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I want to flag her ads on Craigslist, seeing as she has a bunch, but I wasn't sure if I should. Hence my asking. Her page is http://www.myspace.com/bodydesignsbyangie for anyone interested.
    Anonymous

• Actually, it's myspace.com/bodydesignbyangie
    I added an s to design and there is none.
    Anonymous

• If she has a state certified liscens and it is current and you WATCH her take everything out of a fresh new pack, then i dont see why it would be a problem...however, i would want to see some of her work because remember you will have it forever!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 10:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2009