HOW CAN I GET MY 3 YEAR OLD OFF THE SIPPY CUP? SHE HAS TO HAVE MILK IN A SIPPY EVERY NITE AND ENDS UP WETTING THE BED. IM TOO TIRED SOME DAYS THAT I JUST GIVE IN AND LET HER HAVE HER WAY. ANY SUGGESTIONS???

BLESSEDMAMI2

Asked by BLESSEDMAMI2 at 10:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• don't give her anything to drink a hour before bed... like a lot.
    Right before bed let her get a swollow or two of water 10 mins before bed then make her pee before going to bed This worked for my brother.
    I wish you luck
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 10:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Just don't give it to her. You can't give in or she will keep repeating what she is doing to get her own way.
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 10:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I had this problem too. In addition to weaning the sippy - use Goodnights. They are cheaper than laundering wet bedding every day and a heck of a lot easier on you! My middle dd wet the bed until she was 7 and a half.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I had this same problem with DS. At first I would give him his cup with a little water in it for bed, then no water and after a while I just took the cup away. I told him he was a big boy now and since he already knew how drink from a big boy cup he didnt need his sippy cup anymore. I always make him try and go potty before bed and if he falls asleep before he does (like in the car or something) I take him before I go to bed. Hope this helps. Good Luck!
    Anonymous