As a Christian, does it offend or upset you in any way when your fellow Christian sisters try to belittle and use mean words against others when trying to prove their points?

I quite often see arguements in this section and many times the Christian women use phrases like "your idiotic" or "it is stupid" or "you are not smart enough" and many various downgrading terms when trying to prove a point. As a Christian, it makes me abashed to see women that obviously do not try to follow in Jesus Christ's footsteps and feel it gives us all a bad name. Jesus would never have said these things.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yup. They say that to me all the time, and it drives me nuts. We all worship the same God, we all accept the same Christ as our savior, isn't the rest just relative?
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Yes it bothers me.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• It doesn't matter to me if they are Christian or not, it bothers me when any other mother would talk to another like that.
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 10:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• No it doesn't bother me simply because there opinion doesn't matter. They are not married to my husband, or raising my children, and they are not in charge of the relationship that I have with God. It is also mot my place to judge them, so I dont.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 10:44 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• im a very strong Christian and i would not call anyone names.. Treat people the way you want to be treated is what the bible says.

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:44 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Oh my oh my. One person responded who doesn't have any room to talk. You may not call names but you sure do cross the line of civility plenty.

Anonymous

• It bothers me how I know a lot that go to my church have so much bad comments for Obama and stuff but yet turn around and say to people I don't judge or You should not judge. Hello !! Your judging!! I say if you don't got anything nice to say... Say what you feel about the man one time and shut up about it! Sorry but I hear it EVERYDAY around here. Also I live in a town who don't like my dh and I  for being a bi-racial couple. Most claim to be Christians!!!

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 11:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• you got that right anonymous
    Anonymous

• Yes it bothers me and this is why...
    Proverbs 18
    19A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city,
    And contentions are like the bars of a citadel.
    20With the fruit of a man's mouth his stomach will be satisfied;
    He will be satisfied with the product of his lips.
    21Death and life are in the power of the tongue,
    And those who love it will eat its fruit. NASB

Words have power .. and when we speak ugly to another as a Christian it has power to affect that person, it can also come back at you too.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• No because it happens to the best of us. I try to kindly remind them that they aren't spreading the message with love and compassion. Christians are people just like everyone else! We make mistakes too. God bless.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 11:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2009