Have you ever put your DD in a beauty pageant?

I am watching toddlers and tiaras on tlc and as a child i would never be in a pageant but my DD would love it. Just wondering if any one has ever done it and where can I look to find one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, when she was like 5 months old or something. It wasn't a pageant like that though, it was more of an all natural pageant. No froo froos allowed. It's fun =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:06 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Yuck, no. I know my daughter is beautiful...I don't need strangers to verfiy that for me :)

Maybe you could do a little runway show with some little girls you know and have a fun girls' night...painting their nails and doing their hair. It would still be fun.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• yeah i do that but i wasnt talking you know big time maybe a local one i dont want her to be like a beauty queen but i think she would enjoy doing one or 2
    Anonymous

• No I knew she would win
    Anonymous

• No, I would never put my child in a beauty pagent.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:50 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Why would you want to do that? It destroys their self-esteem and causes all sorts of problems later in life. Eating disorders, obsessed with looks, etc. Plus, so many pedophiles out there go to those things and get off on that. Ugh. I'd never do that if I had a daughter.
    Anonymous

• Hell no. They make those poor little girls look like freaks with thier fake teeth, lashes, spray on tans, and makeup. Why would you want your little girl to grow up that fast , and there are plenty of pervs who look for that shit....Jon Benay Ramsy or however you spell her name
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 11:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• No, but my oldest daughter was in a fashion show when she was about 3 years old. My husband was an employee of Colonial Williamsburg (CW) in VA and CW was putting together an event to raise money for a charity so they thought a fashion show using the employees would be a great idea. Some of the employees has small children, such as my husband, so they thought it would be great for them to show a child's outfit. My daughter was the youngest in the show and she was sooooo cute! She was such a ham, though. She came out on the runway, walked down real cute, smiled at everyone, stood there waving, and then walked back as cute as can be. It was sooo adorable!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:00 AM on Apr. 15, 2009