• In the Spotlight:

unmarried moms is it ever humiliating to have a child with someone but not be married?

im not trying to be rude im honestly wondering

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• auctually no i dont think so. Not to be mean but if you are married and you get a divorce it costs so much money and I get more help from school b.c im unmarried. It really doesnt bother me at all that me and my man are unmarried. One day when we have enough money we can have a wedding!
    Anonymous

• no not at all. i married my sons father after i had the baby. i could tell some people give you that look of shame, but thats their problem. i dont give a crap what they think bc its not them. if they passed judgement on me, then it will happen to them and theirs. so no i was never humiliated being prgnant and unwed.
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 11:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I don't think so. I would be sooo unhappy with my child's father.. particularly since he seems to want nothing to do with my son. I am very proud to be a mom, married or not. My boyfriend and I have been together for a year (boyfriend is not the father) and it doesn't bother him either. In my opinion, you don't need to be married to be a good parent. Being married would just be a plus :)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• So i guess if ya get preggers and noone know.. so ya hurry n get married. Your better?
    Anonymous

• Its 2009, alot of women are single mothers, some by choice as well. our kids are still happy and healthy and we are even educated women too! Look @ alot of celebs that do this, Halle berry, Angelina, Princess Di even became a single mother. i think a woman who has to work, support a family and everything else, is a strong woman.
    Anonymous

• I know married women whos husbands dont even help with the kids.
    Anonymous

• Maybe in like 1950. My mom was a single mom and she never hung her head in shame and I was never ashamed by it and I'm proud to say I was raised by a single mother. The sacrifices we see you go through are what gives your children the will and the means to be stronger better people.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 11:55 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• no dummy i said AFTER i had the baby. i didnt give a crap who knoew. are you so insecure you have to pull that crap? if so then damn straight im better thatn you bc i read whats posted by other ppl and dont ask whos better than who
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 11:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• It's probably about as humiliating as those moms that stay in unhappy marriages
    Anonymous

Calm down woman.. that wasnt 4 you. i didnt even see ur answer before i wrote that. i was being a smart ass. omg.. its not about u.
    Anonymous