Summer is coming and the kids are going to be outside,the same kids that don't like my son because he's too active plus he's younger than most of them.Some parents had beef with me about my son doing things to their kids,I am one to get upset if another parent or kid puts his hand on mind.Should I take him somewhere else or should I just ignore them and let my son be a little boy;at least my child is not one of the Stepford children meaning he don't run by batteries if you know what I mean?

wandaluv

Asked by wandaluv at 11:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• does your son pick on the other kids? is that why the other moms have beef w you? or do the other kids pick on your kid?
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• he only gets to b a kid once. but if hes the naighborhood bully he needs to hav consequences. if hes the one they pick on u need to hav a talk with the parents. they need to control thir kids too.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 12:03 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• No matter how much younger your son is, he still needs to learn manners, how to take turns, share, and play nicely. Being "active" does not excuse rough or rude behavior in any child over 2.5 years. And being younger doesn't mean the other kids should let him do whatever he wants.

If your son has medical issues that cause bad behavior, that keep him from controlling himself, then you need to find ways to keep him and any other kids he's around safe. "Boys will be boys" is not an excuse and is not a valid reason for allowing wild, out of control behavior.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:08 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Seriously, if your son is acting out or is a discipline problem, I wouldn't just change venues, I'd address his behavior so that he can interact successfully with other kids. The reason I say this, not knowing a thing about your son, is that if his behavior is difficult, it won't go away and can become a problem when he gets to school, where they won't put up with it. He doesn't have to be a stepford kid but he should learn to interact in a healthy way with others for his own future and friend making success. No disrespect, just something to consider.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:21 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• At 3 and 4, your child is not old enough to be playing outside without close supervision. That is a fundamental, I believe many parents have disregarded these days. He is just out of toddlerhood and cannot be responsibles for decisions concerning his safety or behavior. It is up to you as a parent to control his behavior and see that he is safe. You must be consistent in letting him know that his behavior is unacceptable. You must step up and be the parent. You must find it in you to take control of this situation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I read some of your other posts, and if your child is having trouble sleeping AND having behavioral problems, it sounds like your child's pediatrician needs to step up and address these problems. It is not normal for a 3 year old to have so much trouble sleeping that you're considering giving him melatonin (not a bad thing- I give it to my son who has a developmental disability) but just several things you said throughout different posts makes me wonder if there's not some kind of underlying issue with all of this. Maybe you should take him to a developmental pediatrician to find out what' going on.
    Anonymous