Is it normal to still be sore from a C section 8 days later? and also is it normal for my muscels to hurt when I pee? I never had a C section before so this is new to me.

nessy1980

Asked by nessy1980 at 11:55 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well I had mine done 6 wks ago and it's still sore, but make sure to watch for swelling. Mine got infected and I didn't realize it cause the swelling was a few inches above the incision.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 11:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• A C section is major surgery! I have heard people say they were sore for months!
    Anonymous

• i don't even know how long i was sore. 8 days is definately normal, as for the hurting when you pee. is it the incision itself that hurts or more like a UTI? it is possible to get a UTI when you have a csection so you may want to get that checked out. but if its just a pain around the incision or muscle pain than i had that too, i was told its just b/c it is major surgery so all the muscles in that area have been messed with and it takes awhile for them to be normal again
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:02 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I've never had a c-section before, but it is MAJOR ABDOMINAL SURGERY, so I would be confused if you weren't still hurting.
    doubleyouteeeff

Answer by doubleyouteeeff at 12:08 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I was sore for about a month or so afterwards I think, so yes it's normal. Sometimes my incision still hurts if I strain myself or work out, and my daughter's almost a year old.
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 1:05 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I was sore for a very long time, and I ended up with a uterine infection as well. I know that some people think that it's 'easier" and you "heal quicker" from a c section than from a vaginal delivery, but having gone through both, I can tell you, this is NOT true!

Both are painful, and both take time to heal from. You will probably be sore for at least a month, probably longer than that. Of course, the level of soreness will decrease over time, but, unfortunately, 8 days after one, you're gonna be sore for awhile.

PAIN now, you need to get checked out by your Dr.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:52 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• totally normal and not to mention its only 8 days later shoot you'll probably still be having some pain 8 weeks later
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:49 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Its only been 8 days so yes.. luckily i was fine after 5 but everyone is different. its been 10 weeks nw and ocasionally i will have a tiny pain if i do something like workout
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 3:35 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Yeah, you will most likely be sore for much longer than 8 days, you just had major abdominal surgery mama, its to be expected! They cut through your muscles so they have to have proper time to heal and will be very sore in the process.
    Just take it easy and rest! Dont lift ANYTHING heavier than your baby and ask for all the help you need from your family and friends!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 9:51 AM on Apr. 15, 2009