• In the Spotlight:

Does he have to supply my daughter & I with a house and vehicle??

my husband left and HE wants a divorce. As of right now my daughter and I live in the home him and I bought (tho his name is the only one on the papers). He said he is going tolet me have the house... and ok so my question--- what about a vehicle?? I dont have my liscense yet but I am working on it. Does he have to make sure we get a vehicle to go places?? Someone said he does but I dunno. What is allimnony?? I am obvis. new to all this. But anyways, we never signed nay papers before getting married (like prenupt or anything). Does that mean he can leave with anything he wants?? He wants a dissolution and now I'm thinking a divorce is better because than we can divide evrything. Thanks you in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Will depend on the state you live in and how long you've been married and if you've always been a SAHM.... in Texas there is no alimony (on temp support).
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• No he does not! Fight for it
    Anonymous

• he doesn't have to supply you with anything, unless you've been married for a certain amount of time, each state is diff VA is 7 yrs. alimony is almost like child support, its spousal support meant to pay your bills and keep you "in the life you grew accostumed to". i'm guessing if you get a dissolution than you won't get anything w/o him signing it before you get the dissolution. you need to go talk to a lawyer as soon as you can. that way you know what is best for you in your situation and what you are entitled to
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:59 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• op here. sorry-I forgot to say I live in Ohio and I was a sahm till she was 2 and just went back to work in October.
    Anonymous

• No if you dont have a car or licenses its your job to get it. You dont have a DL thats your own fault not his!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• it depends on teh judge you get. what you want to fight for and so on. some pple dont get alimony bc it depends on the years youve been married, if he cheated,so on so on. no he cant leave with whatever he wants. he cant just leave you with nothing. everthing plays in to the divorce. its good you didnt sign a prenup bc then you might not get anything. try to get legal aide to help you. be prepared.
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 12:00 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Answered at 12:00 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 by: Anonymous
    No if you dont have a car or licenses its your job to get it. You dont have a DL thats your own fault not his!

OP-

YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE SITUATION YOU JUST WANNA BE A BITCH! I SAID I AM WORKING ON GETTING MY LISENCE.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• OP Here again...
    We have been together for 4 years married for 2 almost 3 (in August).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I live in ohio you atleast have to be married 4 10 yrs to get allimony. Dont get a dissolution get a divorce and if i was in your shoes i wouldnt talk to him anymore unless its about the kid b.c he might try to talk you into letting him get off easy. let the lawyers handle it if you cant get a lawyer go to legal aid they go based on income.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Answered at 12:07 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 by: Anonymous
    I live in ohio you atleast have to be married 4 10 yrs to get allimony. Dont get a dissolution get a divorce and if i was in your shoes i wouldnt talk to him anymore unless its about the kid b.c he might try to talk you into letting him get off easy. let the lawyers handle it if you cant get a lawyer go to legal aid they go based on income.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I have wondered the same thing, now I am pretty sure of my decison.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Apr. 15, 2009