Gotta Question......Plz answer!!

Yesterday I took a First Response Gold digital Pregnancy test and in no time at all Yes+ popped up, Then I used a dollar tree one like an hr later and it said no. So today I went to wal mart and got an Answer early result preg test and it also said neg....I am not due for my period till the 16th....I am just wondering if maybe the Answer preg test does not detect the hCG hormone are soon as First Response!! Any comments would be great!!

Jess21143

Asked by Jess21143 at 12:06 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Well I do know that the digital pregnancy test are more sensitive to the HCG hormone... I belive in those if the HCG hormone is 25 or up it will detect it... and the regular ones.. meaning non-digital measure the HCG hormone 50 and up... More then likley you are pregnant... I suggest you make a doctor appt. to confirm! oh and Congrats!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:23 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Here's a rule...after you get a + on an HPT, don't waste money on more tests EXCEPT the one at the doctor's office.

False negatives are COMMON. False positives are pretty close to impossible.

Congrats. You're pregnant. Now no more self-testing...see your doc.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:10 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• By the way...ONLY test with first morning urine. The hormone's too diluted later in the day.

• you know that the 99 cent store sell pregnancy test and that is the same one that told me i wass pregnant 2 times or maybe it is just a false positive go to the doctor so they can do a blood test and you can find out for sure. good luck . if you want to be pregnant or not.
    gaby6286

Answer by gaby6286 at 12:12 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Because home pregnancy tests detect hCG, it is best to collect urine samples containing the highest presence of the hCG hormone. Diluted samples (from drinking high volumes of water / frequent urination) are not recommended and can diminish test accuracy. Instead, first morning urine is considered the ideal sample as it contains the most concentrated presence of hCG. Otherwise, waiting several hours after last urinating to take a test.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Apr. 15, 2009