I put my son on training pants at night since he's always wetting the bed even when i get him up in the middle of the night to go ,he drinks a lot of water and Orange juice during the day.how much liquid should a 4 year old drink morning til night?

wandaluv

Asked by wandaluv at 12:06 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• dont give him anything to drink just sips of water. if we put my son to bed at 8 he would only get sips after 6 and he had to go pee before he got in bed. it worked for us, not exactly sure how much they should drink
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 12:17 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I would let him drink as much as he likes during the day (very important going into spring and summer!) and cut off beverages after dinner. If he's drinking plenty during the day he should be well hydrated. You may even consider putting him in a pull-up at night and give him a small reward for dry pull-up in the morning. I would not punish him for wetting the bed or having a wet pull-up though. It may be that he's still got an immature bladder that he cannot control when he's asleep. keep in mind many "big kids" have the same problem. Most likely it is not his fault but some extra incentive to keep dry may help. Something to think about. Good Luck!
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 9:25 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I agree with TessaBianca.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 9:56 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Never limit fluids during the day.
    If you want to see if he can "night train", first make sure there are no medical problems. Then try limiting fluids in the 2 hours before bedtime. But be aware that bedwetting is normal and very common up to age 6.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:19 PM on Apr. 15, 2009