Would you have done the same thing???

So I have had ALOT of emotional and physical abuse in my relationship, but always stick around. My SO is a very bad alcohalic so cannot go one night without drinking. I am kind of disgusted by him, so don't give him much of anything anymore. I go to a parenting class on Tuesday nights (tonight) when I get home he has already had a 12 pack and wants the keys to MY CAR to get more beer. I say no so he says"if you don't let me take the car, it wont work tommarow". He then tells me he is going to burn down my apartment, with our 5 year old and 8 month old inside! NICE HUH??? So I called the police and had them retrieve MY apartment keys and take his things...I feel kind of bad, but I know after 6 years of this abuse I did the right thing. Would you have done the same thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• hell yes you did the right thing. stick to it too. keep his arss outa there. good for you!!!
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 12:24 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I would of done the same thing if i was you. You dont need that negative abuse in your house and around your children. Its time for him to groe up and maybe he will!
    MandMSMOMMY0607

Answer by MandMSMOMMY0607 at 12:24 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• OMG yes!!!! You Def, did the right thing...
    Good Luck!
    KCsMom08

Answer by KCsMom08 at 12:27 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I agree!!! You totally did the right thing. You are very strong to do that. Not a lot of women do that when they are in an abusive relationship!!! Stay strong!! you deserve better then that Jack ass!
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 12:32 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• OH HELL YEA !!! You did the best thing for you and your family. You stay strong and don't let that creep back into your lives. YEA for strong women.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:32 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Congrats on being strong! I hope you keep it up!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I can't say I would have done exactly the same - especially not if he threatened my kids - I probably would have done something much more drastic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• hell yes you did do the right thing
    you r a mom now you need to think what is going to happen to my kids if im not here to protect them besides do you want to think that what their father is doing to you is NORMAL behavior honey this is more serous than what you think you are in ut for the long run cuz hes probly not going to change so move on i would. good luck and im sorry you had to go through all that. just be strong and raise your kids.
    gaby6286

Answer by gaby6286 at 12:35 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• hell ya i woulda done the same thing. either that or take the kids and leave u dont need that and neither do the kids. he sounds lik an ass. he desevres to sit in a prison cell and u shouldnt hav put up with it that long.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 12:40 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• No need to feel bad. If that SOB was to tell me he'd burn my house down with my children in it, I'd of done worse than you did. Stick to your guns. 6 years of abuse is 6 years too many!!
    Good luck to you and your children.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:47 AM on Apr. 15, 2009