• In the Spotlight:

Contact from a deceased friend or loved one?

When I was 15 a friend of mine hung himself and I was very upset that I never got to say goodbye. All I wanted, was to tell him goodbye and that I missed him. Well about a month after his death, I saw him standing about 50 or so feet away, no expression to tell of happiness or sadness. It was only a second or 2 then he was gone. I believe it was him telling me goodbye.

I was wondering if anyone has ever been contacted by a deceased loved one or friend. How did it make you feel? Why do you think they contacted you? Where do you feel they are?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 12:42 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't understand how some Christians can believe that angels can come and visit us but sprits from the other side can't. And don't give me the "The bible says so" argument, I do not follow the bible, so it's words don't really affect my beliefs.
    To the op, I remembered another one last night. My son was 4 months old when his grandpa (my hubby's dad) passed away. He never got to know him, and he certainly wouldn't know what he looked like. One night he came upstairs and told me and his dad he saw a man in the bathroom. We took the only pic we have of hubby's dad out and asked him if that was him. He said it was. We asked him if he said anything and our son said "Yeah, he said to tell dad hi and that I love him."
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:06 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I have. When I was 17, my grandma passed away. The night she died, I felt a tug at my hair when I was in my room reading before bed. I din't find out she had passed for like a week, but when I looked back, I knew it was her saying goodbye. Right now, my grandma is probably at home debating something with someone. And no, not arguing, but having an honest and open debate about something.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:45 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Sorry to hear about your friend but I believe he was showing you he was okay and in a different place and not to focus on the memory of his departure, so to speak. That is a gift. My Mom had a dream a good family friend came and said, "Well, this is it sara, I'll miss you." In the morning we got a call that he'd died in the night. My Grandmother that I adored passed in October. A few months later, the two figurines she gave me had turned 180 degrees to face the direction of the chair I sit in every night. I have no doubt it was her telling me she's on the other side and okay.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:49 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Seeing spirits is not of God. Satan is playing games with you. Yes, it may appear very real to you, but it is satanic activity and shouldn't be sought.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Have to agree with #3. When Jesus spoke about the rich man and Lazarus the beggar, Lazarus was not allowed to go back (to life) and tell the rich man's brothers about hell (Luke 16:19-31). King Saul was condemned for consorting with a medium. (I Chronicles 10:13-14)
    PurpleAndTeal

Answer by PurpleAndTeal at 4:11 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My grandma saw her mom on her front porch, when she returned from her funeral. Then she disappeared. My grandma fully believes it was demonic. We have a history of seeing things like this. You would think it would have been a good experience too, but it was really wierd.

I don't know what your spiritual beliefs are. But I am a Bible believing Christian, who mingled in stuff like this before I got "saved." : ) I believe that demons and angels can both appear to us, looking like humans. I don't know how often it happens??? But the Bible for sure teaches that a dead person cannot return to visit the living. It was just in my Bible reading for today Luke 16:19 Jesus told of a rich man that begged to return from the dead to talk to his brothers and how it is forbidden.

I am very sorry about what happened to your friend. That must have been so terrible. I hope you find some answers and comfort.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 4:16 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• The day my step-father died I was teaching. About noon I started feeling a tickling in my hair at the back of my head. It drove me nuts all day. It felt like a bug was crawling on my head, but nothing was there. At 6 pm my mother called to tell me that my step-fater died at 10 am that day. About 8 pm I was rubbing my head again and it occured to me that it could be him coming to say good-bye. I stopped what I was doing and told him how much I loved him and that I would miss him. Then I said good-bye. The tickling stopped right then and there. I don't know for sure, but I believe he was trying to say good-bye to me.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:28 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I AM a Christian, and I believe that spirits have the ability to visit us before they "pass on" or "cross over" (a la John Edwards, LOL).

My feeling is that he was saying good bye.

My deceased loved ones like to visit me in dreams.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 8:18 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• according to the bible spirits are bad, the dead are conscience of nothing at all.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:25 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• When my granda died he came to say goodbye, it's pretty common.

Just ignore those who try to tell you they're demons. You know the truth or you wouldn't be asking the question.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:25 AM on Apr. 15, 2009