Haven't stopped bleeding after Mirena IUD insertion

I've had it for 10 weeks now, & haven't stopped bleeding yet. My OB/GYN says it's "probably" because of the Endo. I'm having ultrasounds every 2 or 3 weeks to make sure it's staying put, but he really isn't giving me any other explination. All he says is "Well we can always take it out". Anyone else with Endo get an IUD & have this problem? All that bleeding for so long makes me feel nasty & smelly, & that's just the truth

HeartsLove

Asked by HeartsLove at 12:43 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Health

• I heard you can blead for up to 6 mts before it regulates. I would hang in there! Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I am NOT gonna bleed every day for 6 months, eff that. Ugh
    HeartsLove

Answer by HeartsLove at 1:22 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i had a bad reaction to the merina, but it was different, i had severe flu like symptoms, and the day they took it out it all went away. maybe this could be your body rejecting it. best of luck!
    joshismyangel

Answer by joshismyangel at 1:48 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I bled for 3 months after my IUD was inserted. It says one of the side effects is bleeding/spotting for about 3 months and then you aren't supposed to have a period, or if you do it is very light. I don't have endo so I don't know what to tell you on that end. Honestly my IUD was a PITA and I had it taken out after 10 months.
    txrangersgirl

Answer by txrangersgirl at 1:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I spotted for maybe a month at that most, and havent had a period since! Sorry about your problems with it, it works perfectly for me! I hope your symptoms go away quick so you can enoy the benefits like I do! ;)
    saraharcure

Answer by saraharcure at 5:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My dr. said 12 weeks. I bled for a long time after mine also. But I haven't had a period since :)
    Anonymous

• I finally stopped bleeding 3 or 4 days ago, and saw my Dr today. He feels confident enough to leave it in so I will
    HeartsLove

Answer by HeartsLove at 9:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• well im on the mire too and when i got i had my period for a week than after that month that i had i started again and i havent stopped its gonna be almost 3 months i went back to see my doctor and he said that i fall in that percentage that my body is rejecting it so he said hes gonna start me again in the pill so im taking them and he said i should take them for 2 months and it should regulate my periods but its almost a month and im still bleeding, so he told me to keep taking them and it was up to me to see if i still wanted the mirena or go back to the pill.
    yamiletpineda

Answer by yamiletpineda at 12:04 AM on Oct. 27, 2010