Which breast pump is better?

Im shopping around for a breast pump and was wondering if one is really better than the other, im torn between two brands medela and Avent. If theres one even better please let me know.

prdmommy83

Asked by prdmommy83 at 1:26 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Medela
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:31 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• avent i think but i only bought one good luck and congrats
    myangelelena

Answer by myangelelena at 1:32 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Medela dbl electric...wonderful. I only say that because its what I have and it does the job so well. I can use both at the same time and with the "bra' that comes with it I can be hands free too.
    I had a friend that had Avent and her complaint was that she couldnt buy seperate parts. She actually forgot she was boiling the extra parts and melted them but would have to buy the entire system over. I bet if she looked harder she couldve gone to the website or something though. With medela you can buy anything separately at baby stores.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:37 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• For some reason I have trouble with electric, but mine was more rigid and I have very big breasts. I like manual because it is so easy to just adjust your hand to your breast.
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 1:54 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I just got a Medela Swing, it works GREAT for me!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 3:28 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I have always been a fan of Avent. I have two pumps, bottles, pacifiers, sippy cups, etc So that is my pick!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 8:59 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I have evenflo electric . Anything electric is the bomb. Usually comes w/battery pck 2.
    stircrazy1

Answer by stircrazy1 at 9:45 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Medela! Hands down!. I have the pump in style and love it!
    dovetailthreads

Answer by dovetailthreads at 10:07 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I should add Medela has great customer service... I had a complaint about the BAG for my pump... and they sent me a brand new bag AND pump!!
    But no matter which pump you buy... save the proof of purchase and keep it someplace safe because they will want that if you have problems
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:11 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Medela..Lilly had a latching issues..so I had to pump all the bottles. We rented a dual medela pump from our local pharmacy to try it out first. I know they are a bit pricey in motherhood for a dual pump..you may could price them on ebay for a used one.
    imamombygrace

Answer by imamombygrace at 4:47 PM on Apr. 15, 2009