When should you take a tour of the hospital? How many weeks?

i'm about 22 weeks and wondering when i should go take a hospital tour?

dilemma1

Asked by dilemma1 at 1:38 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would go about 34 to 36 weeks...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:39 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i never took a tour of the hospital. when i was in the hospital i was pretty much in my hospital room the whole time except when i took a walk around this wall thing. and the first time i took my walk my nurse walked with me and showed me where everything was. but it really was not needed at al in my situation.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:40 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• lol im 22 weeks to and i just went on my tour it put my mind at ease, its alot of walking though so i cant imiagine doing it any later than this
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I took a tour with my first when I was about 30 weeks and then with my last baby (they are 10 yrs apart and were born in a different hospital) I didn't get to take the tour because the day I scheduled my tour (I was around 33 weeks) I was admitted to the hospital for preterm labor.
    shanibug06

Answer by shanibug06 at 4:54 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i never took one. i think its optional. the way i see it, as long as my doctor is there, theres a place for me to lay down, and a place for my baby to lay down...i dont care what hospital im at.
    emilsmama

Answer by emilsmama at 8:22 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I didn't take on either. I would do it when I wanted to. If you are feeling anxious about it then get it out of the way to make you feel better about it.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 8:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I took one with my first b/c I work with a group of Midwives and so it was also a meet and greet. With my third I did a walk through b/c I was sent to a different city b/c of the complications with my pregnancy. This time I'm back at the first hospital but will be taking my 5 yr old to look around and see where I'll be having the baby. The date is 6/10 and I'll be 2 days short of 34 weeks.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 12:31 PM on Apr. 15, 2009