what do you all get out of this verse?

"I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I
would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art
lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of
my mouth."
Revelation 3:15-16, KJV

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 2:09 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think... its saying God knows what and who we are. You are for God all the way. -hot- You are against God -cold- and being in the middle -lukewarm- is not enough for him. I hope that helps you. It mite mean something totally different to someone else...

Christine
    BraidensMommy01

Answer by BraidensMommy01 at 2:19 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I take it to mean that you better had pick a side... that dawdling in the middle is going to cause a much harsher judgement.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• excuse me, *judgment
    Anonymous

• either your in or out no gray area. help me Jesus!
    themommy160

Answer by themommy160 at 2:30 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=rev%203:15-16&version=31
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I get bullshit..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I looked it up in the good 'ol Matthew Henry and I couldn't put it any better.

"Lukewarmness or indifference in religion is the worst temper in the world. If religion is a real thing, it is the most excellent thing, and therefore we should be in good earnest in it; if it is not a real thing, it is the vilest imposture, and we should be earnest against it. If religion is worth any thing, it is worth everything; an indifference here is inexcusable:"

You need to take God seriously and be passionate about your faith.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:57 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• It sounds like the kettle isn't working properly.  Did god check the warranty?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Well, I recognize this verse from Revelations of Christ talking to the churches. Some people take it that he's talking to literal churches or denominations but I believe that it's to groups of Christians. My take is that He's telling us we can't be on the fence here. Those who are not for Him are against Him. You can't just say "I believe in God". Satan believes in God! You have to commit yourself to God, accept His Son as your Savior, admit you are a sinner, admit you need Christ. And even then, it doesn't stop there. God wants us to grow as Christians. You want to see something that explains it well, check out the H20 dvd's. Powerful stuff.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 7:53 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I agree with everyone so far -
    You're either hot for Jesus, or you're not.

If you're at an "in-between" stage, then you're not really worshiping Him or really even believing in Him. God wants us to relinquish ourselves to him 100% - every ounce of our bodies, minds, and souls. If we're not willing to do that fully, then we're not ready for Him.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 8:15 AM on Apr. 15, 2009