WTH!, Do they get me involved?

I have enough on my plate. I scheduled my jury duty to run during the week I am off for spring break, I have to call in everyday to see if I have to travel to Downtown L.A., Add to that I have a child support hearing on the 20th (the Monday I have to report back to work)! Then my brother is having his bathroom remodeled by the neighbor, the neighbors brother took the $100 hardware my brother bought with him, he got all upset and he would ABSOLUTELY love for me to argue with the neighbors on his behalf! Just because I am bi-lingual-doesn't make me associated orguilty! Why do this to me when I have other s*&^ to worry about?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 2:34 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If you cant do it tell your brother you have too much going on right now and hopefully he can work things out himself with the neighbor, maybe it was just a misunderstanding. If you can and it is not that big of a deal then run by and do your thing and hopefully everything will work out for everyone... Sorry your plate is so full! Best wishes
    kristalee83

Answer by kristalee83 at 3:16 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Just remember a womans job is never done... :)
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:39 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• You can get out of jury duty..just tell them you hate everyone and think that all those that commit a crime should get the electric chair.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Because people always think that their problems are like top priority and number one on the has to get resolved list, I think you need to just tell your bro to figure it out himself because its his deal and you have too much other crap to worry about, I know I've had to do that with my family before too and thankfully they understood
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:53 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• LMAO, ronjwake and anon, I have done all of that and my number came up, thankfully I have been a good citizen and did my orientation on-line (which cuts 1 1/2 off of my reporting time). So far I have called and I do not have to report tomorrow-But geez louise! add to that brother complaining and sis in law jumping on the band wagon about someone taking something (which I think they did) but because GIGI called them on (in my special spanish ghetto way)it they will return i!?
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:55 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Thank you Haute, I am feeling your advice right , now, I just need to see if I can print it out!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:12 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I'm sorry :-(

How about this - buy yourself a yellow sticky pad and number it - starting with a number like, oh, 261 or something like that. Then, when they start in needing you to do this or that and you have so much other stuff going on, pull it out and tell them to take a number and you'll get to them when you can, and, oh, by the way, you're only on number 12 right now...

Sorry - that won't work with the jury duty thing though :-) For that, if you want to get out of it, you could say "I am SO honored to be considered for this, and so are all my other personalities - well, all except Sara, she really hates you. But don't worry, we won't let her be in control while the case is going on..."

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:37 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• btw - I know those suggestions aren't very practical and don't really get any of this off your plate, but I hope it at least gives you a smile while you rush from one thing to another...

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:38 AM on Apr. 15, 2009