are there any young mom's out there with a teen ager?

I feel old but i am only 30 and I have a fourteen year old son and three other children...so do you see why i feel old? lol
But i just wanted to talk to some other moms around this age and let me know if you feel old or young still. I guess I still look young because my son's friends tell him I am hot..lol I was so embarassed when my son told me that. But my son say's I only look young when I am going out with my friends...he said i look old when I am just sitting around the house with my hair thrown up in a half pony tail. Anyone else?

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 2:46 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I'm 34 and have a 15, 5, and 2 year old. I have my good days and my could-be-better days. I think I need to focus a little more on myself rather than pouring all of my energy into doing everything for everyone else. I love my family, but I could really use a good thirty minutes each day just for me to do the "girly" stuff I used to do on a regular basis, like paint my nails, give myself a nice facial, splash on a little perfume - heck, I'd be happy if I had the time to shower every day! ;) Our teens are suppose to make us "feel old" - it's their way of making themselves feel more "mature" when us old fogies are "out of touch" with today's music/entertainment scene/style. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

Anonymous

• Oops! Didn't mean to reply twice - my laptop is on the fritz!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I'm 31 and my son is almost 14. I also have a daughter that's 7 and stepsons 16 & 18. Sometimes I feel too old, sometimes I feel too young. I always feel like I don't fit in anywhere - My kids go to private school and I've never been taken seriously by the clique moms in my sons grade. I try to volunteer a lot and they're all gatekeepers. Its a little better in my daughter's grade, but I've never been able to be taken seriously as a mom for my son. Even when we go out in public: I took him to a nice restaurant for his 13th - just the 2 of us and people kept staring (he is significantly taller than me and looks a bit older than 13). I try to laugh it off and tell people I have a good skin-care regimen, but it bothers me from time to time.

I knew having a baby as a teen would be difficult and akward, but no one told me that having a teen as a 30-something would be even more akward!
    MichiMomma

Answer by MichiMomma at 7:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I am 35 and mine are 14,12,6 and 7 mos. My kids friends say I'm a hotty too. I love it even though I know they'd prob think anyone under 50 is hot..Due to puberty and all.
    My stressed friends def look older. I work out and eat healthy most of the time. I don't feel old I feel 20.I think I feel better in a ponytail,shorts riding my bike. I am hot ..why not ,and I always put fun in my day Now when my 6 mos is14 I may have another story:)
    stircrazy1

Answer by stircrazy1 at 9:37 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I went out with my son one day and the cashier at the store we were at said your supposed to carry the bags, she's your wife. I almost died! he turned beat red and i told her that he was my son and she was like omg I am soooo sorry. I felt a little good knowing that i still look young but I was also like are you kidding me?
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 10:21 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I will be 31 in May...I was just telling my DH the other day that I feel old. I don't feel like have anything to show for my life except raising four boys. I became a stepmom at the age of 20 when I married DH. My bonus sons are now 20 and 18. I have two sons with my DH, ages 10 and 7. I feel old. I still look young and can pass as the older sister but it doesn't change the fact that I feel old. I completely understand how you feel. All the stress and drama from raising kids...it takes its toll.

However, that is what we parents are getting into when we have kids...we just didn't read the fine print well enough sometimes, you know!
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 2:00 PM on Apr. 16, 2009