How can I get him to understand?

OK, my third child is now 9 months old and has finally mastered eating with a spoon (he wasn't a big fan of it). However, when I put gerber puffs or finger food on his tray, he picks them up just fine, then bends over and feeds them to the dog. My other 2 kids had mastered the finger food by this age, but little one just doesn't seem to get it. I tried putting it in his mouth for him, or steering his hand toward his mouth, and he goes back to the "clamp and scowl" that he used to do with the spoon. Any suggestions?

plylerjones

Asked by plylerjones at 5:46 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Get the dog out of the room until he has master finger foods. Be happy my 11 month old is just learning.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:49 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Agreed...doggy needs to go out! I would really discourage the dog too from taking food from the babies, it could result in a bad situation either dog getting angry he cant have the food and snatching it or baby getting angry dog took his food. GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:30 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• too bad the puffs dont look like mulch, he'd sure eat them then!
    emilsmama

Answer by emilsmama at 8:03 AM on Apr. 15, 2009