my baby is 7 months old he don't like to drink and eat baby foods?

my baby is 7 months old now he doesnt like formula and baby foods.starting at 3 months old he hate the milk he don't like to sip the bottle milk.so i"m always worry about it. he loose weight,he don't have sick he is a very happy baby.i try to give him gerber foods and cereals but he don't like to open his mouth and he always cry so i stop now.he drink the milk while in sleep so i always try to soothe him to sleep evry day 3 naps aday he drink 15oz a day. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is he teething??? You should call he's doctor TODAY he is not eating enough.GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:51 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Have you tried mushing up some banana (make sure banana is ripe...i.e. has brown spots on and not green) or melon for him? Also can try mashing avocado and squeezing a little lemon into it.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My son stopped eating baby food of any sort at nine months old. He was just ready for real food, mashed up of course. It was the strangest thing I had ever seen. He went cold turkey, at breakfast he ate his rice cereal but by lunch he wanted nothing to do with baby food. He never ate baby food after that at all.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 7:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Try giving him what you eat only smaller bites. If he doesn't want to eat any 'real' food either than take him to the dr.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 8:23 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Keyaziz, why the lemon in the avocado? I thought 7 months was too young for citrus, and babies do fine with straight avocado...
    I wouldn't be overly concerned about the solids at this point, but the formula intake does sound worrisome. I didn't formula feed, but 15 oz of formula doesn't sound like enough. I would talk to your doctor about it, because even if he was eating tons of solids, he still needs a mostly liquid diet at this age.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:35 AM on Apr. 15, 2009