Where does Jesus say....

that his religion is the only one to follow? I know he said that you should believe in his father, but where does he say that the way he is teaching is the only way to heaven? I am not asking to start drama (even though I know it will). I am just asking because I don't know where/if he ever did. I also remember being taught that religion is a bad thing because most religions teach intolerance. And, the way I look at it, Jesus was the most tolerant man to ever walk the face of the Earth.

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 8:11 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, in Exodus 20, in the beginning of the Ten Commandments,in verses 3 and 4, God says: "You shall have no other Gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them". Pretty clear and straightforward,if you ask me.

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:19 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I know the first thing that will come up is the verse that says

John 14: 6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. 7 If you had known who I am, then you would have known who my Father is. From now on you know him and have seen him!”

This is usually the verse that Christians give when asked "how do you know you're right".

There are a few others, but this is the most common one.

Answer by jennijune_21 at 8:21 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• The Exodus writings don't have anything to do with Jesus. The OP is asking about the teachings of Jesus.

Answer by Marwill at 8:22 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Since Jesus is God in human form,and has been around since the beginning of time, and we still follow the Ten Commandments today ,they have EVERYTHING to do with Him.

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:24 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• And, yes, just to pacify you, I agree, John 14:6 pretty much says it all as well. In Jesus' own words, speaking of Himself, He does say: I am THE way, THE truth,and THE Life,NO ONE comes to the Father, except through me. I agree 100% if that doesn't say what He means, then I don't know what does.

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:25 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Her questions says..."Where does Jesus say..." Exodus doesn't discuss Jesus' teachings. Can we please focus on the question asked?

Answer by Marwill at 8:26 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• And, once again, I'll say this, it's not about religion. It's about a personal relationship with Jesus. Religion has nothing to do with that.

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:26 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• As I said, Jesus has been around since the beginning, every prophesy in the Old Testament focuses on Jesus,and so I answered it. If you don't like my answer, you don't have to keep reading them and commenting in such an ugly way. No one's forcing you to read them.

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:27 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• But religion has everything to do with it. Following Jesus' techings is a religion. Just like Buddism and Hinduism. They follow the teachings of thier leaders don't they? I still don't remember Jesus saying anything about intolarence.

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:29 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• The first time Jesus is mentioned in the Bible is in Genesis 1:24-Then God said "let US make man in OUR image." He is speaking of the Holy Trinity, of which Jesus is a part. So, as I said, He's been around always. Just cause He doesn't make an appearance till the New Testament doesn't mean He wasn't always here.

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:30 AM on Apr. 15, 2009