What is the typical height + weight for a six year old girl?

My daughter will be six in two weeks, she is four foot tall and weighs 64 pounds. I am a little worried, since she was a baby she was always on the pudgy side, but since summer started she has put on a few pounds. Is that a normal height + weight or should I be concerned?

barefootbchbum

Asked by barefootbchbum at 12:26 AM on Aug. 3, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My daughter is the same as yours. She's 48" tall and weighs 65 lbs and 6 years old. I spoke to her doctor when she was about 4 and he said as long as long as the growth chart isn't scewed then she's fine. What I mean about that is she's in the 90th percentile for height and weight, if she was 90th for weight and only 50th for height he'd be worried. He also said that each month she will grow taller then maybe the next month she will gain weight, it will all even out in the end.
    LenasMom27

Answer by LenasMom27 at 4:53 PM on Aug. 3, 2008

• ask your pedeatrition. that would be best
    surfgrl60

Answer by surfgrl60 at 12:52 AM on Aug. 3, 2008

• I think it depends....her pedi would know best. I know for me, it seems a bit heavy. I was about that weight when I was 11. I'm average height/weight as well (5'7" and 125lbs.).

mom2sophia711

Answer by mom2sophia711 at 1:06 AM on Aug. 3, 2008

• My daughter is now 7 and she's about 4 ft tall and weights about 48 lbs (I think i haven't weighted her recently) she's a lightweight! and that's just how she is.

Talk to your doctor.
    MyIslandGirls

Answer by MyIslandGirls at 1:34 AM on Aug. 4, 2008