Every single morning show is covering "Sexting" today...what are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think too many parents are so anxious to give their kids everything because they think the more they give, the better of a parent they are. But they are giving and giving and not paying any attention to what their kids are doing, and this is some of what's happening now.

The kids are out of control, and the parents are standing there wondering what's going on. It's high time everyone wised up already !!! Parents need to see what their kids are doing and saying on myspace, what kind of filthy pictures their daughters are posting of themselves.

But the parents are off in their own little worlds, and happy because they can BUY all the latest gadgets for their kids. They feel like good parents if they buy everything, but maybe they need to open their eyes and see the trouble their kids are getting into !
    summerdayz

Answer by summerdayz at 9:16 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I heard a teen was registered as sex offender for sending pictures of his girlfriend to his friends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• It's like cigarettes the more you talk about (over the media) the more the kids want to do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I wish we had that when I was a kid, kidding...I guess the sexual revolution really took off.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 8:41 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• What makes these girls pose nude and have everyone taking pictures. Have some decency.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I think its tacky and shows how we've lost all morals and self dignity. Its the "do what ever feels good" mentality. I bet these kid's parents also were the ones to tell them it was okay to play with themselves when they were 3 and 4 years old!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• The shows are coveiring "Teens & Sexting" just to make it clear to the op.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• what an easy way to prove someone guilty
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• a poster had a question concerning cellphones and when to give one to the kids. I guess now with the all sexting thing the age rate went up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I don't see it as any different from the stuff we were doing as teens... I didn't have a cell phone, but we still sold the pix online... And here we are... Just fine. I am sorry for the VERY FEW that end up getting hurt, but they aren't in any more risk than we were. It's really no big!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:15 AM on Apr. 15, 2009