i hate one sided crap dont you?

so if we have a deadline for when we have to file taxes shouldnt the irs have a deadline of when they have to have the money they owe us to us?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 8:37 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• They do have a deadline. It's whenever they get around to it. Circle it on your calendar.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I thought there was Hmmm I dunno lol I guess the way they look at it is they have to have their money on time but for us, who cares? I guess they think we all have too much to begin with lol. Stupid IRS...oh, and good morning Jodi!
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 8:49 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Oh yeah. I have been saying this for YEARS (ever since I started paying taxes!). And what about doctors appt. You have to be there on time, but they can take all the time they want to get to you.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:50 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• actually if you filed electronically there use to be a place you could go and it gave you an estimated return date. But honestly everyone know when taxes are due it's not like it changes every year.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:52 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i know when taxes are due thats not the problem we did ours back in feb. and still havent gotten our return
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:56 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• ohh anoo morning brooke lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:57 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• 4x4mum -- same thing I tell my clients, Be thankful you make enough to be required to pay so much! :)

Yeah, IRS is silly. But they make the rules. My uncle bitches about how they can charge us interest for late payments, but we can't charge them interest for the money they have been holding all year!

pagirl -- that site is only an estimate, and if you check back, sometimes they change the estimate on you and keep pushing it back!

jodi -- You haven't gotten paid yet?! Did you e-file? Did you check to make sure the IRS received your return? You should have recieved payment by now.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 9:17 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• In a perfect world yes!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:34 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• https://sa1.www4.irs.gov/irfof/lang/en/irfofgetstatus.jsp

Good mornijg Jodi try here it will tell you what date you should get it

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 10:07 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• ha ha. it's like when you owe them money, they charge you interest on it. but then if they owe you money, they can give it to you whenever and interest? what's that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Apr. 15, 2009