Is it ok to take prenatal Vitamins as an everyday vitamin?

saphira83

Asked by saphira83 at 8:47 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• It wouldn't hurt you if that is what your asking. It has your daily dose of what you need until later on in life when you need more calcium and stuff.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:49 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i did and still do. when i was TTC, dr switched me to prenatal to "help my body prepare". whatever that means. then i continued after i gave birth 'cause i was nursing. and now i have this huge bottle and think its a waste to just dump them for everyday ones 'cause they're essentially similar.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My OB Doc said it was ok, the womens multi vitamins made me feel sick so that is when she suggested taking the prenatal vitamins.
    kristinmamaof2

Answer by kristinmamaof2 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i did for a long time after john was born my doc.said it was good to take them.
    johnsmom07

Answer by johnsmom07 at 1:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Absolutely. Any woman of childbearing age should take folic acid, and prenatal vitamins have folic acid. Folic acid helps prevent spina bifida, which occurs before most women even know they are pregnant. Your body will excrete any unneeded vitamins in your urine.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 5:53 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I take one for my hair, nails and skin but its cheaper to take one specially for those purposes.
    lich663

Answer by lich663 at 12:40 AM on Apr. 25, 2009